Week 2: Solitude and Silence
3. Read this article on solitude and silence.
4. Embrace pockets of solitude and silence today. Here are some ideas. Choose what works for you. Every time you find a pocket of solitude and silence, ask God to be with you in a special way.
- Leave the car radio off while you drive
- Take a walk around your work place during lunch
- Limit TV watching to no more than one hour
- Start a meal with everyone silent. Then have someone read a chapter from Mark before beginning speaking.
- Park farther away from your intended location to give yourself more time to reflect while you walk.
- Replay before falling asleep the day’s events and notice where God has been present.
This is week two of 23 Things. See last week’s post for the first two things and an introduction to 23 Things. If you want to be eligible to win a free book, post a comment under each week’s session. Those who complete all 23 Things will be placed in a drawing for a free book.